This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Transformant HealthCare Solutions, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Mallard Creek Surgery Center is one of three Physician owned Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC) awarded a demonstration project from the State of North Carolina. The only one in the Charlotte, NC area, we are a testament on providing superior care at a more affordable price to our patients. Mallard Creek Surgery Center is currently looking for an ASC Administrator who creates an environment that supports continuous improvement and innovation in patient and family focused care while recognizing the culture and complexities presented by the current healthcare environment.
The ASC Administrator coordinates all aspects of the Mallard Creek Surgery Center (the Center ) including, but not limited to: planning, organizing and directing the operations as well as oversight of patient education, patient support group meetings, staff education and coordination of patients' surgery with hospital and physicians. The ASC Administrator will ensure excellent patient experience(s) and outcome(s) and will work closely with physicians and management teams to make recommendations for new service delivery models and practices. In addition, the ASC Administrator will ensure that the Center meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations. This position serves as a member of the Quality Improvement Team.
* Develops, establishes and implements short and long term goals, objectives, policies and procedures to support and guide the Center.
* Develops, coordinates and support strategic and operational plans for the Center.
* Develops proper clinical/OSHA/Safety procedures that ensure patient, medical staff, visitors and Center employee s safety and comfort, and provision of quality care.
* Develops and manages capital and operating budgets including but not limited to: budgeting, budget variance and conduct opportunity analysis. Manages budget in accordance with operation guidelines.
* Demonstrate business, financial and clinical acumen in leading the Center, including various stakeholders on the progress and achievement of the overall goals.
* Strives for performance improvement with a goal of optimizing patient access, clinical outcomes, positive patient and family experience and sound financial results.
* Champions programs and strategic improvements to maintain OrthoCarolina s position and prominence as a leader in the field of orthopedics.
* Researches and prepares cost reduction proposals and implements them as applicable.
* Works with the senior leadership team to negotiate managed-care contracts and maintains positive communication with third-party payers.
* Assists Business Services Department as needed for timely collections and payments.
* Coordinates with the Compliance Department to perform according to established compliance policies and procedures.
* Develops, interprets, and implements policies, procedures, regulations, programs, and recommended practices to meet requirements of regulatory and accrediting organizations.
* Works with the medical executive committee of the Center to ensure the Center s practices are current and consistent with the Center bylaws and associated documents.
* Analyzes clinical documentation to ensure Center s policies/procedures are being followed.
* Serves as a liaison between administration and staff to support consistent operation procedures, keeps manuals updated and keeps clear instructions for floating personnel on basic Center procedure.
* Develops and implements patient experience initiatives as well as determining the clinical and financial impacts of such initiatives.
* Monitors patient-care programs and reviews procedures, outcome standards, and criteria.
* Develops appropriate admission and discharge procedures and assures that pre-admission criteria are appropriately met.
* Maintains Center and equipment to ensure cleanliness, sterility, and operational ability at all times.
* Serves as a liaison between patients, families, nursing, and medical staff to coordinate quality patient care.
* Coordinates patient-care activities with surgeons and anesthesia providers to provide continuity of patient care.
* Assists with the development of patient education material.
* Controls patient/staff traffic to help prevent infections.
* Evaluates suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care.
* Coordinates activities with the Medical Director to promote medical staff involvement in the program and coordinates medical staff peer review processes and quality profile information.
* Ensures that office space, supplies, equipment and assistance are provided and maintained appropriately for physician, staff and patients.
* Manages or coordinates physician hall assignment and sign-out schedules, as needed.
* Manages and/or coordinates couriers and vendors.
* Coordinates with Purchasing/Finance for equipment/supplies and is responsible for inventory (including office, administrative and clinical supplies).
* Consults with Manager of Purchasing and Director of Facilities, as needed, to make necessary arrangements for preventative maintenance and repairs of center equipment and premises.
* Recommends revision of patient-care policies and procedures as necessary to conform to accepted principles and practices.
* Implements and oversees a safe, accurate and effective medication management program.
* Coordinates Center s arrangements with contracted service providers (e.g., pathology, radiology, housekeeping).
* Assures compliance with all Center policies and procedures and governmental regulations pertaining to:
* Controlled substances and legend drugs, including sample medications.
* Infection control.
* Patient confidentiality.
* CPR, ACLS, safety and risk management in collaboration with Training Department and/or HR.
* Quality improvement and quality assurance.
* Emergency codes and evacuation.
* Professional licensure.
* Medicare/Medicaid and all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
* Assures that appropriate/adequate staff is maintained in all areas of the practice in conjunction with Director of Nursing.
* Coordinates with Human Resources and department managers/leads for recruiting, hiring, orientating, training, evaluating and disciplining, when necessary, of Center personnel.
* Enforces nursing practice standards and licensing/accreditation rules and regulations to provide quality patient care
* Supports employee development and Center growth through corporate in-services, appropriate seminars and classes with the approval of the VP of Strategic Partnerships.
* Reviews daily time, scheduling and attendance for all Center employees.
* Maintains liaisons with professional ASC associations and incorporates new concepts into appropriate Center procedures.
* Maintains relationships and serves as contact for the staff of Group Practice Administrators, referring physician offices, or the physicians themselves.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Statement and Work Authorization
OrthoCarolina recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms its policy and practice to support and promote the concepts of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in accordance with all federal, state and municipal laws. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. OrthoCarolina utilizes the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify system to comply with verifying work authorization.
Additional BenefitsWith twenty-eight locations, over 140 physicians, and over 80 physician assistants, OrthoCarolina is one of the most comprehensive providers of orthopedic medicine and surgery in the world.
Excellence in care and service, one patient at a time. Our Mission: Quality, Service, Community, and Teamwork.
No matter what the condition, we have physicians and specialists ready to provide the finest orthopedic care for the families in our region.