ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer - 8083
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
We are looking for a self-motivated, team-oriented networking FPGA and ASIC design engineer to join the FPGA and ASIC design team. This individual will be a key member of the ASIC design team implementing complex digital logic used in next-generation firewall products. Responsibilities include architecture/microarchitecture definition, design, implementation and validation of the FPGA and ASIC.
* Responsibilities include specification, architecture/microarchitecture definition as well as hands-on implementation work for every aspect of ASIC/FPGA design, working closely with the product marketing, system, software, and ASIC/FPGA design and verification teams.
* Developing ASIC/FPGA chip level architecture/microarchitecture specifications.
* Design implementation/RTL coding using Verilog/SystemVerilog.
* Synthesis and timing closure.
* Work with the physical design team to optimize layout and timing for the design.
* Work with the verification team to evaluate and enhance test plans to increase test coverage.
* Familiar with FPGA Synthesis and place/route tool
* Familiarity with logic design fundamentals required
* Familiarity with VLSI design fundamentals required
* Verilog/SystemVerilog coding experience required
* Strong object-oriented software design and programming skills in C/C++ is desired
* Strong written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills required
* Networking experience desired
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.