ASME Pressure Vessel Code Welder 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Job Title: ASME Pressure Vessel Code Welder
Under the direction of the Welding Supervisor the mechanic welds plate, shells, tubes and structures to fabricate and/or repair shell and tube heat exchangers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs heliarc ( GTAW), submerged arc welding ( SAW), and manual welding ( SMAW)on components as assigned.
* Weld tube in tubesheets.
* Welds tube caps with heliarc welder.
* Performs root passes tubesheets to shells.
* Performs internal quality control of welding procedures.
* Performs grinding and/or cleaning of welds as necessary to achieve standards.
* Corrects welds as necessary.
* Sets up and performs jobs based on shop practices and procedures.
* Controls own welding supply usage.
* Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
* Other duties and welding methods as assigned
Knowledge- H.S. diploma or equivalent; or equivalent experience, sufficient product knowledge/welding procedures.
Skills- Must read and write English language, blue print reading, ability to pass ASME welding test, job shop/field fabrication required. Welds will be subjected to x-ray, ultrasonic, die penetrant and visual examination.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veteran