This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
TE Connectivity Seacon Phoenix Inc. located in Ashaway, RI, is looking to hire a variety of Manufacturing positions. Assembly Operators are an integral part of our organization. The successful candidate will possess a safe and positive work attitude as part of our production team.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Working knowledge of wiring harnesses, soldering, and crimping. Mechanical assembly abilities such as electronic cabinet assembly and proficient with small machine tools.
* Certification in hand soldering preferred. Soldering wires, connectors, and terminal connections. Experience using ohmmeters, voltmeters, and other small test equipment.
* Experience working with wire strippers, cutters, and a variety of hand-held tools
* Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, sub-assembly drawings, bill of materials, and specifications.
* Positions and orient parts and subassemblies by using templates, drawings, or measurements.
* Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies. Verifies specifications by measuring completed component or sub-assemblies work.
* Resolves assembly problems or by notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Keeps assembly equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Knowledge of 5S and Lean Concepts preferred.
* Maintains Assembly Area Supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must be authorized to work in the US.
* Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
* Communication: Speaks English; able to read and interpret written information documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.