ASSEMBLY OPERATOR I 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
This position under general supervision, and using specialized fixtures and tooling, will assemble wire assemblies using solder and micro-welding, adhesive bonding and mechanical attachment methods according to customer specifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Perform beginning of the day procedures.
* Perform assembly of components consisting of small delicate wires, tubing, rings, distal and proximal soldering and ball welding and custom machined parts using a microscope and other gauges. Inspecting, testing and calibrating parts and mechanisms 100% to meet tolerances and product specifications.
* Cutting of coils to customer specifications.
* Set-up laser welder or soldering iron, use IPI and set-up procedures to make adjustments.
* Clean, prepare and package assembled parts to clean room specifications.
* Notify QC to inspect/audit and provide them with destructive weld joint samples every 50 pieces or as specified.
* Read, verify and complete Traveler.
* Don appropriate clean room certification attire (hair net, coat, and booties) and wash hands before entering work area. Remove and dispose of garments in appropriate containers at end of shift.
* Communicate shift change notes to clarify processes, exceptions, concerns, or issues.
* Training other employees in assembly methods and techniques.
* Perform general production operations as directed by supervisor.
* Participate in safety meetings as requested or required.
* All other duties as assigned.
* 0-2 years experience in the field or in a related area.
* Required to have knowledge of basic reading, writing and math skills.
* Ability to use measurement scales, micrometers, shadow comparators, power tools, microscopes and go/no-go gauges.
* Relies on instructions, pre-established guidelines and blue prints to perform functions of the job.
* Ability to understand and follow directions in English.
* Ability to perform basic calculations and convert measurements between English and Metric values.
* Good eyesight and manual dexterity.
* Must have the ability and be willing to work overtime when requested.
* Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.