ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The well qualified candidate engages in the assembly of various connector, cable terminations and underwater switches and assemblies, performance and documentation of testing activities required for quality control processes plus engages in the supervision and training activities of lab technicians
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Work with Senior Fiber Optic Tech and Production Manager to carry out all required tasks
* Work in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures
* Work from Engineering drawings and procedures to assemble and test connectors and various interfacing assemblies
* Supervising and training technicians
* Terminate electrical and optical contacts, connectors and switches using various cable types
* Able to solder proficiently
* Able to perform optical fusion splices proficiently
* Able to mold using industry standard materials
* Use test equipment for both electrical and optical systems
* Ensure all work equipment is in proper working condition and cleanliness requirements are maintained at all times, establish and maintain clean working environment
* Maintain detailed documentation of all work performed, maintain daily log book of activities completed, maintain time and testing records, maintain accurate records of equipment procedures used for each process, record test results on standardized forms and generate test reports describing procedures used.
* Confer with technical staff to conduct analyses, interpret test results, or develop non-standard tests
* Maintain set schedules
* Regular reporting to Production Manager
* Work with various chemicals (e.g. oil, MEK, Flux, epoxy, etc) and understand MSDS requirements