ASST PATIENT SVCS MGR/CSM 9/2/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Assistant Patient Services Manager (APSM) is responsible for ensuring high quality, safe reliable, and efficient care, in a defined functional area of patient services. The APSM uses managerial, interpersonal, and clinical skills to model, motivate, and monitor performance resulting in superior quality service, and financial outcomes. Responsibilities and accountabilities are held on a 24/7 basis. The Nursing strategic framework will be utilized by incorporating transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice and new knowledge, innovation, and improvements. The APSM will collaborate with the PSM on a consistent basis to ensure communication of effectiveness of the above and all role responsibilities defined below.
* 1. Patient Flow: Serve as the clinical leader working in collaboration with the charge nurse, bed management and medical teams, and other members of the healthcare team and ancillary services to ensure safe patient flow (in all care settings), facilitating the right patient, in the right bed or type of service, at the right time. In addition, in non-inpatient areas, serves as the clinical leader, responsible to oversee that safe patient flow is maintained and appropriate nursing and support staff are available while ensuring safety and efficiency.
* 1.1 Shares accountability for safe, effective, high quality care and optimal outcomes in the patient care unit/department.
* 2. Staffing and Effectiveness: Accountable to ensure safe staffing levels and clinical competence to provide excellent nursing care to every patient in the unit, clinic, or non-inpatient care area.
* 2.1 Provides direct patient care as unit/ service line requires to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix are maintained.
* 3. Financial Performance: Participate in unit strategies to ensure the financial well-being of the organization and how the unit's day to day clinical operations impact the overall financial state of YNHH.
* 3.1 Demonstrate a solid understanding of financial forecast related to organizational mission, vision, and values and organizational strategic business plan.
* 4. Quality and Safety: A key leader who role models and supports excellence in clinical practice and promotes a culture of safe, high quality care on the unit/department. This will achieve superior outcomes.
* 4.1 Ensures unit/ area visibility by conducting regular patient, staff and leader rounding.
* 5. Service Excellence: Ensures the delivery of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) at YNHH by working with patients and their families based on the four principles of PFCC: Participation, Dignity and Respect, Information Sharing, and Collaboration. Role Model YNHH Service Excellence Pledge standards creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, family/friends, physicians, staff, and support department personnel.
* 5.1 Identify and analyze trends in service excellence and ensure staff accountability for adherence to YNHH Service Excellence standards.
Bachelor's degree is required: Master's preferred (One degree must be in nursing.)
Two years of clinical nurse experience and a minimum of 1 year leadership/supervisory experience (this may include committees, charge role, project management or other experiences that demonstrate leadership qualities.
Current CT state RN licensure and/or eligibility for CT state RN licensure required. Specialty certification preferred or willing to obtain within 18 months of hire.
Ability to direct a diverse work force in a 24 hour per day operational environment. Passion for leading others in a challenging and changing environment by utilizing innovation, technology, and best practices.
BSN REQUIRED, MASTERS PREFERRED, MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS ED/ICU CLINICAL EXPERIENCE, (SOME PEDIATRIC EXPERIENCE PREFERRED)