ASST PATIENT SVCS MGR/CSM-Pediatric Psychiatry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Patient Service Manager (PSM), the Assistant Patient Service Manager (APSM) is responsible for ensuring high quality, safe, reliable, and efficient patient care in a defined functional area of patient services. The APSM uses managerial, interpersonal, and clinical skills to model, motivate, and monitor team performance resulting in superior quality, service, and financial outcomes. Responsibilities and accountabilities are held on a 24/7 basis. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great \\"First Impression\\" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel. Adheres to the \\"I Am YNHH\\" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
* 1. Financial Management
* 1.1 Demonstrate a solid foundational knowledge of unit financial management
* 2. Service Excellence
* 2.1 Role model Yale New Haven Hospital Service Excellence Pledge standards
* 3. Safety/Quality Improvement
* 3.1 Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of organizational, service line and unit services identified patient safety and quality improvement goals.
* 4. Clinical Care
* 4.1 Provide direct patient care as needed
* 5. Authority
* 5.1 Monitor and enforce unit/program vision, goals, and plans consistent with Yale New Haven Hospital strategies and policies.
* 6. Clinical Service Manager (CSM) - this title is used for the following services: Peri-Operative Services, Ambulatory Services, Ambulatory and Emergency Services.
Baccalaureate degree required; Masters preferred (one degree must be in nursing). Current CT state RN licensure and/or eligibility for CT state RN licensure required
Two (2) years of clinical nurse experience, a BSN and minimum of 1 year of leadership/supervisory experience (this may include committees, charge, project management or other experience that demonstrates leadership capability.)
Ability to direct a diverse work force in a twenty-four hour per day operational environment. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Excellent clinical skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems, to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes, and capable of implementing concepts. Ability to implement and support change required.
Exposure to biohazardous blood and body fluids. Prolonged standing, walking, and lifting required.