AV Programmer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
* Perform programming tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner including but limited to: control systems programming and touch panel design.
* Interact with the Project Engineer to achieve complete and functional programming.
* Perform troubleshooting in the field as needed.
* Install control programs (AMX/Crestron).
* Responsible for job documentation as needed.
* Maintain a minimum of 85% reported/coded time to specific jobs.
* Test integrated systems and train client on use.
* Read and interpret AV systems drawings
* Present systems and solutions proposals in a large group setting
* Learn and deploy new technologies
* Troubleshoot and provide solutions for highly technical control, audio/visual and networking issues
* Provide leadership to AVISPL teammates and ensure timely deliverables are met
* Act as an escalation point for Junior Programmers Program, design and coordinate medium to large projects in presentation, conferencing and combined environments
* Provide control system design and review of audio visual design
* Mentor and trains Smarthands on various technologies
* Remain current on new developments in control system technologies
* Travel up to 25-50% or work from an AVI-SPL location
* Perform On-Site and Remote commissioning / acceptance testing of code
* Perform in-shop testing for programming
* Maintain, update and store code repository
* Interface with client while performing onsite implementation
* Produce new modules, interfaces, technical standards, process and procedures
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Proficiency with test and calibration equipment.
* Proficiency with programming languages
* Upload and download capability along with troubleshooting.
* Ability to diagnose and test complex system problems.
* Valid Driver s License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets AVI-SPL Driving Privileges standards.
* Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, optimization and operations of AV equipment.
* Ability to effectively interact with employees, internal and external customers.
* Ability to travel to various job sites throughout the U.S.
* Programmers generally work in a standard office environment.
* Programmers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project deadlines.
* Be able to regularly climb and work from ladders up to heights of 35 feet; lifting equipment, tools and materials.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Striving for excellence in everything we do, AVI-SPL is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.
Cypress, California, United States