This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
At IES we embrace and empower team members to work together and have ownership in the solutions we provide. We work closely together as a team unit, collaborating, sharing knowledge and experience to add to the greater good of all team members. The qualified candidate will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. This individual should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards consistent with InfoComm and manufactures specifications. Applicants must have experience with Crestron and/or AMX programming; certified programmers are strongly preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interpret AV Signal drawings and Scope of Work to reasonably assume function and user experience of an AV system
* Write source code for simple-complex Commercial Audio/Video systems
* Create GUI and develop a user experience in line with IES standards and project SOW (scope of work)
* Work with field engineers and site foremen, offering remote support for uploading and testing code and AV systems
* Work as a part of a national AV Programming team assisting and establishing standards for programming and user experience
* Provide feedback to AV engineers and project management on experiences with certain products, schedule, programming estimation and overall quality control for the AV systems we integrate
* Collaborate, contribute and embrace a fast paced team environment
* Other responsibilities as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed
* Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills; creative thinking.
* Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional-level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements
* Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
* A formal education in electronics or a related field preferred.
* Excellent experience with audio visual or other electro-mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing.
* Crestron and AMX programing experience required.
* Certified programmers strongly preferred.
* Experience should include video conferencing, any of Polycom, Tandberg, Cisco, or LifeSize is preferred.
* Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams and drawings
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify