AV Project Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/22/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assume ownership of project installation.
* Create weekly project updates for clients.
* Procure daily jobsite reports from installation staff.
* Provide coordination with other trades.
* Develop installation schedule.
* Monitor and ensure labor expenditures do not exceed budget. Secure necessary personnel for installation.
* Coordinate necessary CAD drawings.
* Responsible for developing wall plates, overlays and field testing of integrated systems and training client on use.
* Coordinate with and direct project lead technician.
* Perform field install/trouble shooting, control system programming and engineering support as needed.
* Develop custom operation manuals as needed.
* Ability to manage medium to large projects.
* Demonstrate job site leadership.
* Mentor less experienced technicians.
* Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers.
* Serve as customer liaison in absence of Project Manager.
* Responsible for job documentation as needed.
* Meet with vendors to assist in evaluating product if requested.
* Assist Service with bid pricing/service contract pricing for prospects.
* Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project.
* Ability to work overtime when required.
* Maintain minimal 75% of reported/coded time to specific jobs.
* Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
* 2-5 years of experience with A/V industry.
* Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
* Proficient with test and calibration equipment.
* Attention to detail.
* Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* PC proficient in MS Office; Excel, Outlook, Word, Project
* Must possess a valid Driver s License and be a safe driver (commercial license preferred).
Candidate must complete all required training requirements for this position as detailed on the current AVI-SPL Integration Technical Qualification form. The required training must also be completed within the current allowable established timeframe. Be able to climb stairs and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Striving for excellence in everything we do, AVI-SPL is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.
Pleasanton, California, United States