AV Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for supervision of all personnel and activities on project site.
* Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and
specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction
* Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives including, but not
limited to: contractual, financial, technical, schedule, construction coordination, materials,
personnel, and scope of work. * Facilitate internal project kick-off meeting that includes key participants from sales, engineering, fabrication and installation.
* Coordinate all in house activities associated with project execution, including but not limited to:
submittals, engineering, fabrication and installation, programming, commissioning, testing and
troubleshooting. * Create and manage the project schedule.
* Function as the focal point for internal and external project communication and documentation.
* Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as
required. * Provide regular reports of job progress to all stakeholders.
* Assist with, or facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents or
verification from engineering for design-build projects. * Coordinate with installation/operations manager to schedule personnel for installation.
* Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor expenditures of engineering, fabrication and
installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate (upward) any issues that
impact profitability. * Solicit quotes from qualified subcontractors as required.
* Generate and/or respond to construction communication including, but not limited to: requests for information, change order documents, room readiness letters, delay or compression notification of theft or damage to materials, tools or vehicles, safety or injury reports, warranty
information, material handoff or inventory, punch lists, field reports, sign-off documents or other documentation as assigned or required. * Proactively manage the change order process.
* Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors.
* Test, or certify the performance of, installed systems.
* Coordinate and/or provide training to client.
* Coordinate turn-over of project to service department at the end of each project.
* Ability to work overtime when required.
* Maintain minimal 80% of reported/coded time to specific jobs.
* CAPM, PMP preferred but not required.
* CTS (Certified Technical Specialist) preferred but not required.
* 3- 5 years AV industry experience.
* The Ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
* Will participate in, and successfully complete, an on-site apprenticeship to a Sr. Project Manager for the duration of up to 60 days. This mentorship may require travel for the entire period.
* Will possess or acquire a fundamental understanding of AV system functionality and installation
process and techniques. * Ability to trouble shoot and solve technical, personnel or other project related issues.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft project, Adobe Acrobat, and AutoCAD viewing or
markup utilities. * Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence.
* Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to;
engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, or commissioning documents. * Ability to create and maintain construction schedules.
* Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
* Effective time management and attention to detail.
* Must possess a valid Driver's License and be a safe driver.
Candidate must complete all required training requirements for this position as detailed on the current AVI-SPL Integration Technical Qualification form. The required training must
also be completed within the current allowable established timeframe. Be able to climb stairs and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist.
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties
requested by his or her supervisor.
Striving for excellence in everything we do, AVI-SPL is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States