AV Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
* Ability to test integrated system and train client on use
* Proficiency with test and calibration equipment I.E. VTG
* Preform preventative maintenance visits to help maintain a stable client based system
* Clean equipment I.E. Camera lenses, Display screen (Monitors), equipment fans Etc.
* Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers
* Equipment delivery and associated responsibilities
* Responsible for documentation as needed IE, Preventative maintenance checklist
* Ability to work overtime as required
* Other duties as requested or required
* Proficient in the safe use of hand and power tools
* Field installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron/Firmware) upload and download capability
* Proven ability to setup/troubleshoot Video Codec s (Tanberg / Polycom / Etc.)
* Ability to diagnose complex system problems
* Ability to solder & crimp connectors
* Perform service tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner. Such tasks include but are not limited to: pulling cable, install connectors, projector mounting / hanging (ceiling mounts) Etc.
* Familiarity with Barco OL Video Walls, Barco Control Room Management Suite, and Barco Video Wall Processor ECU and TFN desired
* Assist next level service technicians as needed
* Mentor less experienced technicians
* Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
* Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
* Attention to detail.
* Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* Creative thinker.
* PC proficient - must already know your way around a computer.
* Must possess a valid Driver s License and be a safe driver.
* Good oral and written communications.
* Strong desire to learn and be trained.
* Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job
Ability to lift 75 pounds, climb ladders, crawl under tables, etc. This position can have physical demands.
* Candidate must complete all training requirements for this position within the current allowable established timeframe.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Associated Technical trade school Diploma or College Diploma (Preferred)
* Minimum of one year industry experience (Preferred)
* CTS certification (Preferred)
Striving for excellence in everything we do, AVI-SPL is committed to honoring these core values:
Character - Being honest and acting with integrity toward each other, our customers and ourselves.
Teamwork- Working together, through the good and the bad, toward a common goal, and being jointly responsible for exceeding customer expectations.
Knowledge - Continuously growing our business and technical expertise and sharing our knowledge for the benefit of others.
Responsibility - -Being accountable for getting the job done right and doing whatever it takes for the growth and success of our team and our customers.
Respect - Appreciating each person's value to the team and treating each other with courtesy and professionalism.
St. Paul, Minnesota, United States