AV Technician 8/23/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The AV Technician will work as the field engineer to complete all phases of the project s installation. The AV Technician will perform their duties by conducting rack building, system cabling/wiring and equipment placement and mounting in accordance with the system diagrams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installation of Commercial Audio Visual
* Structured cabling which includes pulling, terminating and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables
* Equipment Placement and Mounting
* Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
* Work with Projectors, video conferences, screen displays and computer controls
* Conduct Rack Building and Craftsmanship
* Provide feedback to determine improvements needed in installation process
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills; creative thinking.
* Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional-level.
* PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
* A formal education in Electronics or a related field preferred.
* Excellent experience with Audio Visual or other Electro-Mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing.
* Crestron Programing experience Required.
* Experience should include video conferencing, any of Polycom, Tandberg, Cisco, or LifeSize is preferred.
* Good experience in the AV residential field home theaters, structured wiring, and Smart house designs.
* Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams and drawings
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. As of the end of IES s 2014 fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, IES produced over $521 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States. From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
IES is an equal employment opportunity employer.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law -EEO is the Law poster & EEO is the Law poster supplement, on the following URLs :
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify