AVP / Collections Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Panama City Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for the oversight of daily operations of the Collections department and to meet or exceed the assigned annual goals. Monitor loans that are in default and manage the process of extensions, modifications, foreclosures, repossessions and bankruptcies. Maximize revenue from collections, collection fees and interest while simultaneously minimizing expenses incurred in the way of staff and expenses used to obtain these collections and fees. Duties include loss mitigation, delinquency reporting, vendor coordination and project management. This person will also be in close communications with the Senior Leadership Team.
FUNCTIONS manage multiple projects simultaneously; work under the pressure of deadlines, conflicting demands; define complex issues, perform difficult and complex analyses and research; evaluate alternatives and develop sound conclusions and recommendations.
20%--Evaluate the collection unit work processes. Recommend and implement improvements for productivity and continuity and have the ability to foster change and lead the unit through growth periods.
15%--Establish and maintain effective working relationships to include but not limited to: examiners, auditors, members, attorneys, employees, third party collection agencies and vendors.
15%--Arranges the disposition of collateral in the best interest of the member and the credit union. Responsible for preparation, review, and distribution of clear, concise, and comprehensive management studies and reports. Monitors productivity of third party collection agencies. Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged off loans.
10%--Reviews, analyzes, approves, denies, or modifies recommendations about delinquent borrowers. Takes appropriate action when arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
10%--Supervises, develops, trains, coaches, and monitors all assigned staff. Conducts performance reviews, and performance improvement plans as needed. Allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department.
5%--Ensure compliance with all state, federal and NCUA regulations and laws including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control Program and Customer Identification Program. Assists other department personnel and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to use metrics to analyze, monitor and drive results. Maintain the credit union's charged off and delinquent accounts at or below established goals.
2. Maximize the collection and/or recovery of credit union assets from delinquent and charged off accounts.
3. Understand, interpret, explain and apply local, state, and federal policy, laws and regulations applicable to areas of responsibility.
4. Keep management informed of operational issues affecting the Credit Union's collection activities.
5. Maintain sensitive and confidential information; exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with highly sensitive, complex and confidential issues and situations.
6. Develop and maintain a well trained and effective staff. Complete performance reviews and/or improvement plans in a timely manner.
7. Completes required BSA/AML training with a passing grade of 80% or higher. Completes required Customer Identification and Red Flags Program requirements to include documentation of discrepancy resolution as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EXPERIENCE Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
EDUCATION (1) A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in house training or apprenticeship program.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
OTHER SKILLS Requires intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Windows, Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must possess analytical and communication skills. Must be able to become and remain bonded by CUMIS Insurance Society, Inc.