AVP, Commercial Business Development Officer 9/8/2016
Federal Savings Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AVP, Commercial Business Development Officer
This position is responsible for developing business relationships in the Bank's market area; cross-selling products and services with a strong commitment to helping the institution grow its commercial deposits, commercial loan portfolio and referring new commercial loans to the Commercial Loan Officers, and provide leads to the Wealth Management department. Ensures professional, courteous and efficient service is provided at all times.
Essential Job Functions
* Conduct businessdevelopment calls with local individuals and businesses to originate new deposit and loan relationships.
* Actively participate in the bank's business development program.
* Establish priorities and prepare itineraries for business development leads including; reviewing prospect lists, news publications, etc.
* Refer leads to the Commercial and Residential Loan Officers and Branch Managers as appropriate.
* Conduct joint business calls with the Branch Managers to help enhance their cross-selling skills and recognize opportunities for retail and consumer deposit and loan
growth. * Recommend upgrades, elimination or development of under-performing products and services and development or introduction of new products and services as necessary.
* Meet with customers at a place convenient to their needs and promote a favorable image of the Bank in all business activities within the community.
* Required to actively participate in local community events such as; local Chambers of Commerce, home shows and open houses to promote the products and services of the Bank.
* Respond in a professional manner to questions regarding products and services of the Bank, matching the customer needs to the appropriate services.
* Assist with the implementation of marketing programs and product promotion as required.
* Respond to customer inquiries, evaluate needs and actively suggest products and services to meet said needs.
* Establish and maintain contact with local business managers and other professionals within the established market area, through direct calls, business organization gatherings, etc. to actively solicit new business.
* Conduct follow-up calls to business prospects and customers to determine if an appropriate level of customer satisfaction has been met, as well as periodic communication to determine if other banking needs exist and to ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
* Prepare and present reports on new commercial relationships, volume and performance against goals, according to established requirements. Monitor market trends and recommend changes as appropriate.
* Participate in staff meetings, seminars and courses to remain current.
* Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Federal and State banking regulations and adhere to all bank policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree or higher. Banking experience with a strong concentration in commercial lending is required.
* Three to five years of progressive experience in banking and sales.
* Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs.
Federal Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or other employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.