AVP, Financial Analytics & Modeling
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: *Budget, Forecast and reporting support of CIT's Corporate staff departments.
* Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual expense analysis of results, forecast and plan.
* Review financial results with Senior Management, as well as support the FP&A team to create ad hoc reporting packages.
* Exposure to and support of EMC leadership team.
* Lead productivity projects for a wide range of business initiatives including expense management, business / process improvements, strategic and operational planning.
* Provide input and recommendations on improving financial performance.
* Identify and implement best practices ensuring an efficient, cost effective financial planning and analysis team.
* Develop Corporate Allocations to the Business Segments and sub-departments.
* Must be proficient in Hyperion Essbase and have strong excel modeling capabilities.
* Technically sound in accounting principles, knowledgeable and innovative in identifying opportunities within the business.
Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
* CPA or MBA is preferred.
* 3+ years of financial services or related industries.
* Hyperion Essbase is required.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
* Independent critical thinking with well-developed analytical abilities.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Strong analytical and communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume, team oriented environment.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.