AVP Global Partnerships, Hospital for Special Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Hospital for Special Surgery
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION OVERVIEW:
As part of its mission to provide the highest-quality, musculoskeletal care and improve the quality of life throughout the world, HSS facilitates best-practice knowledge transfers and a variety of partnerships with the international musculoskeletal medicine community.
HSS pursues relationships with organizations that have a similar mission and vision: dedicated to high-quality patient care, academic excellence, and cutting-edge research. Partnerships and initiatives may be academic, clinical, research-based, operational and organizational, as well as administrative, or a combination of any of these focus areas. Depending on the circumstances, HSS also provides training and education of physicians in their homeland or in the U.S.
HSS currently has global partnerships in education and training, humanitarian work, and business development in numerous countries around the world, including China, Greece, Brazil, England, France, and South Korea. The hospital formally launched its first humanitarian affiliation with FOCOS in Ghana, which is aimed at improving the delivery of quality orthopedic care, education and training, and research.
HSS is now seeking an AVP, Global Partnerships to further expand and strengthen these global partnerships. Additionally, the AVP will new explore opportunities for collaboration and assess unsolicited inquiries with the objective being to advance orthopedic and musculoskeletal medicine globally.
The AVP will support the hospital-wide strategic goals through consultative partnerships and advisory services in clinical, research, and academic areas helping to promote growth, extend, and elevate the HSS brand worldwide.
The AVP will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Global and Academic Affairs and work collaboratively with the Education and Global Affairs Division and the global ventures staff. S/he will manage a current staff of two. The position entails traveling in the U.S. and internationally.
* MASTER'S DEGREE IN HEALTH ADMINISTRATION, INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS, PUBLIC HEALTH, AN M.B.A. OR RELATED FIELD IS REQUIRED.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
* A PROFESSIONAL WITH SIGNIFICANT MANAGEMENT/LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM 5-PLUS YEARS) IN HEALTHCARE IS REQUIRED. General experience in academic, multi-specialty institutions, with some knowledge of orthopedics, is highly desirable.
* Experience in international business and partnerships; fluency in foreign language(s) is a plus.
* Partnering, negotiating, and contracting skills in all sectors of business, academia, government, and NGOs.
* Broad-based business sense, with strategic insight and proven success in creating business strategies and implementing them to achieve goals.
* Excellent business assessment skills; capable of synthesizing complex data and making sound recommendations.
* Experience resolving issues through innovative problem solving and solution development. Possesses a continuous-improvement mind-set.
* Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills; demonstrated success at cultivating good working relationships for/with C-suite and Boards, as well as with government officials and physicians.
* Excellent leadership skills and experience managing a department through well-established performance management skills. Proven success in developing a high-performance work environment and culture with a highly diverse workforce.
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate and influence a variety of people and audiences. Experience writing compelling proposals and making effective presentations to a variety of audiences. _(WRITING/PRESENTATION SAMPLES WILL BE REQUIRED.)_