AVP, Internal Funding Transactions 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: This key role supports the IFT (Internal Funding Transactions) process by:
* Evaluating and improving controls and ensuring that activity follows IFT policies
* Coordinating with Treasury, Tax, Legal and Regulatory R e porting to ensure activity meets requirements for these functional areas
* Overseeing the GL to ensure activity is recorde d correctly in the ledger and that the full lifecycle of transactions is considered
* Assisting during the book close with the review and analysis of key accounts
* Partnering and assisting on applicable special projects and presentations for senior management as needed
* Accounting degree is required (4 years)
* Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an accounting environment , preferably working with legal entity consolidations
* Must be detailed oriented
* Possess effective organizational and communication skills
* Proven ability to resolve problems, analyze information and communicate findings to management timely
* Must have effective leadership capabilities to foster partnerships and add value in a team environment
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other W indows based products
* Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger a plus
* Financial Services experience a plus
* CPA a plus