AVP, Leadership, Learning and Development 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
The Leadership Development Program Manager will report to the Director, Leadership, Learning & Development (LL&D). Candidates must have demonstrated success in managing high-volume, complex tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment. The person in this role will perform a variety of activities in managing CIT's leadership development programs, including strategy, program design and delivery. The successful candidate will have an eye on product and process improvement, and excellent customer service and business acumen.
* Partner with business leaders and HR COEs and Relationship Managers to define and drive leadership development strategy
* Design, development and delivery of blended leadership development programs
* Partner with third-party providers as needed
* Marketing and communications around leadership development programs
* Lead measurement and evaluation efforts around leadership development investments
* Collaborate with LL&D team members to ensure successful delivery and logistics management for leadership programs
* Own content of leadership development programs
* Assesses learners' participation levels in development programs and follows up with learners to enhance participation and engagement
* Provide consultation and solutions to stakeholders as needed
* Work with CIT stakeholders and vendors to define and document requirements, deliver solutions and achieve results
* Participating in other projects as needed
* 5-7 years of relevant experience in HR talent development, preferably specializing in management and leadership development, with a proven track record of managing complex programs and projects
* Consultative skills for collaborating with stakeholders to understand issues and provide counsel and/or solutions
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong relationship management skills
* Ability to thrive in ambiguity, apply probabilities to various outcomes, think about risks, and create plans to work around and mitigate these risks
* Strong influencing and coaching skills
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects or work streams simultaneously within a dynamic environment
* Knowledge of HR systems and processes is preferred
* Comfort with technology; ability to learn new software and systems quickly
* Strong work ethic and demonstrated ability to achieve results and drive projects to completion
* Excellent MS Excel skills