AVP, Operations 9/8/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: As a key member of the Operations and Business Management Support team, will support key strategic and enterprise-wide initiatives to enhance IT& Operational controls. Performs Operational Risk/SOX control testing, reporting and remediation. Responsible for working with the department manager, as well as the COO and other Senior Leaders, to provide support to internal and external clients.
1 Risk and Control functions:
* Development, planning and execution of Risk Control Self-Assessment Testing framework for the department.
* Monitoring and ensuring regulatory compliance, internal controls, and best practices are adhered to within the department.
* Working with Management Team to develop and track corrective action plans.
* Working with Enterprise Risk Management teams and departmental staff to perform Operational Risk/SOX control testing, reporting and remediation.
* Assist with responding to internal audit inquiries, developing remediation action plans as applicable. Coordinate tasks, recommendations and action plans with colleagues across departments.
* Assist with system access management and certification for the department.
1 Data Analysis and Metrics :
* Preparing monthly and ad hoc control reports for COO metrics dashboard, inclusive of production metrics data, financial metrics data, KRIs/KPIs.
* Performing statistical analysis on the operational data, identifying trends and improvement opportunities.
* Managing initiatives to streamline operational processes, inclusive of requirements definition, process workflow development, procedure documentation and liaising with IT teams.
1 Policies and Procedures :
* Developing and maintaining departmental Policies and Procedures
* Working with management to develop a training curriculum, as well as conduct training sessions in conjunction with Ops Risk Manager and Subject Matter Experts.
* Developing and maintaining departmental workflows, cross-validating workflows with corporate functions.
* Providing operational support of departmental workflow systems.
Qualifications: * Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate, influence business partners, build relationships and connect with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels
* Bachelor's degree in business related field and relevant experience (3-4 years of prior work experience in financial services, in a control function, with strong understanding of compliance, risk analysis and internal controls)
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing tasks
* Strong analytics and communication skills
* Proven track record in time management and meeting deadlines
* Must be able to work well in a team environment
* Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
* Microsoft SharePoint knowledge a plus