AVP, Perioperative Services 9/1/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* Summary of Position Description
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of Perioperative Services is a skilled administrator who is responsible for organizing, integrating and leading the perioperative departments. This position has direct responsibility for the oversight and management of the Bramhall Operating Rooms, Ambulatory Surgery Unit and Post Anesthesia Care Unit. Reporting to the Vice President of Patient Care Services, this position works collaboratively with leaders of Surgical Service Line, senior administration, directors and other professional colleagues to meet the diverse and continually changing challenges of the health care environment. The AVP must be a creative, autonomous, future-oriented, risk-taking entrepreneur who applies critical thinking and effective leadership and management skills to ensure that quality care is provided through inspired professionals in a cost efficient manner.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Masters degree in healthcare administration, business or related field with a minimum of seven to ten years of directly related experience demonstrating increased and/or diversified responsibilities in operations leadership. Bachelors or Masters in Nursing required.
* Requires clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through approximately five years experience as a nurse manager or director
* Requires a high level of critical thinking and analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration on departmental issues.
* Requires the ability to integrate the knowledge of teaching principles and counseling techniques in order to direct the growth of the unit staff.
* Requires a high level of organization skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing unit needs.
* Skilled in clinical outcomes monitoring and continuous performance improvement.
AVP, Perioperative Services