- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
AVP, SOX Business Analyst
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: This Business Analyst position is part of the SOX/FDICIA Compliance function within the controllership function of CIT, which is a Fortune 500, public finance and leasing company.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
Requirement Gathering & Analysis:
* Lead discussions with business partners, Internal Audit and IT production support personnel to understand and document business requirements for key reports necessary to validate completeness and accuracy of testing populations includes
* Data specifications that can be translated to data queries or interface files
* Development and testing of relevant data extractions, where applicable
* Confirm the accuracy of underlying data by meeting with the data architecture / production support teams
* On an ongoing basis, develop business requirements for other reports needed by the SOX team
Data Analytics / Automation:
* Work with business control owners to identify controls appropriate for testing automation
* Develop control testing automation requirements
* Lead the development, testing and implementation of automated test scripts needed by the SOX team
* Identify analytic opportunities to improve SOX testing reporting
Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology
* 3-7 years of analytics / business requirement experience
* Strong knowledge of data querying, such as SQL, ACL or experience with business objects, Qlikview, etc
* Ability to develop and implement data analytics using industry standard package
* Ability to work independently and manage complex projects
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to develop detailed business requirements documentation and present such documentation
* Progressive thinking skills, strong work ethic, and problem solving skills.
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills
* Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications
CPA, CIA, or CISA a plus