AVP, Sales and Distribution Zone Leader 9/16/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Assistant Vice President, Sales and Distribution Zone Leader is an Officer position responsible for developing and executing integrated sales strategies for multiple product lines by building a high performing sales organization and culture and will optimize the sales processes in the Western Zone. The AVP will maximize external relationships and results of key distributors in accordance with the company's strategic plan. The position is located in the San Francisco branch, and will report to the Western Zone Officer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Leads efforts to advance all production related activity, including the marketing strategy, initiatives, tools and approaches to drive production in their zone. Focused on all lines of business and their respective production, profit and retention goals. Ensures the zone and team is aligned with the Home Office Sales and Distribution / Marketing strategies.
2. Serves as chief of staff to BVP in Zone Office responsible for internal sales management in conjunction with commercial and specialty leadership and for developing a strong external presence in the local market.
3. Manages the agency and broker relationships across the zone to ensure effective relationship management that focuses on strengthening our marketplace presence for top performing agencies.
4. Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic direction for profitable growth within their zone. Ensures that distributor sales plans are created, maintained and yields results with top performing agencies.
5. Leads efforts to advance all production related activity, including the marketing strategy, initiatives, tools and approaches to drive production in their zone. Focusing on all lines of business and their production, profit and retention goals. Ensures the zone and team are aligned with the distribution and marketing home office strategies.
6. Establishes a branch plan for agency appointment, profit improvement and agency terminations. Provide oversight on ACA, special deals and exceptions ensuring additional dollars are driving appropriate business outcomes.
7. Implements distributor intelligence procedures to drive improved insights into agency segmentation and prioritization.
8. Develops, manages and executes a structured and disciplined sales management process in their zone which includes facilitating training activities.
9. Key relationship contact for two national agencies.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
SVP, Zone Officer
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. In-depth knowledge of theories and practices in underwriting, and knowledge of marketing or sales strategy in the insurance industry.
2. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within the scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
3. Leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
4. Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
5. Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree with Master's preferred in marketing, sales or related field or equivalent.
2. Leadership experience in sales, underwriting or marketing.
3. Typically a minimum of ten years of insurance sales experience, with five years management experience. Multi-line sales experience preferred.
4. CPCU preferred
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Other Locations: United States-California-San Francisco
Organization: Field Ops West Zone
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.