AVP, Treasury - ALM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: Position Summary
This position will be a member of the Balance Sheet Management group of CIT's corporate treasury department. The candidate will partner with other departments across the enterprise including Risk, Finance, and Information Technology.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to clearly articulate issues, propose potential solutions and deliver actionable outcomes.
* Provide analysis of the treasury-related risks of the consolidated balance sheet
* Provide reporting of the foreign exchange and interest rate risk
* Support ALM strategies and assist in capital markets execution as necessary
* Provide treasury risk management analysis and recommend solutions to meet firm wide initiatives
* Support hedging initiatives to manage interest rate and foreign exchange risk in line with firm wide policy risk limits
Qualifications: Minimum required skills and experience:
* An advanced degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or related field is required
* 5+ years direct work experience in ALM in a banking or related field
* Advanced experience with ALM systems, specifically QRM
* Knowledge of advanced programming languages such as C++ or C# preferred
* Experience in applied financial quantitative analytic techniques
* Experience with multiple aspects of treasury risk management (ALM, modeling, foreign exchange, hedging, etc.)
* Excellent organizational skills with sound judgment and vision
* Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex topics at all levels of the organization
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships throughout the organization
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment