AVP, Treasury Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: POSITION DESCRIPTION
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for an experienced internal audit professional to join their team as an Assistant Vice President (AVP) at our headquarters in Livingston, New Jersey. In this important position, this successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring assigned audit goals / objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and parameters, and in compliance with the Audit Plan. The areas that this individual will be responsible for including, but not limited to, Treasury areas (i.e., Liquidity Management, Asset and Liability Management, Capital Management and Funding) and HR areas (i.e., incentive compensation and payroll). The AVP will begin to in-charge more complex audits with larger audit teams and coordinate relationships between Audit and its clients, continuously promoting the value of Internal Audit.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Exhibits the ability to organize and effectively plan for medium to large audits /projects and handling of various tasks and special projects.
* Demonstrates good knowledge of understanding related regulations, risks and related impacts for assigned areas. Applies this knowledge to the scoping of audits when in-charging an audit.
* Makes an effort to gain management's acceptance of our value-added services.
* Offers effective solutions to problems, including process improvements.
* Actively seeks additional responsibility and learning opportunities.
* Commitment to professional development through continuing education. Pursing a relevant certification is highly encouraged.
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong analytical, audit planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to quickly develop a good understanding of the corporate functions and business units, industries and competition; ability to transfer that knowledge to others.
* Ability to quickly develop a good understanding of business units' technology environment and requirements to support information delivery and business processes, including data flows.
* Taking ownership of projects assigned; highly reliable and dependable.
* Effectively providing feedback on work papers reviewed to team members.
* Ability to ensure Management Action plans are viable and address the root cause of any issues identified.
* Good communication skills - effective in a variety of presentation settings.
* Demonstrating appropriate and effective business writings, e.g., audit reports and memos.
* Contributing to timely completion of the team goals.
* Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build strong relationships with clients.
* Performance management skills - is aware of team member status when the in-charge and effectively re-aligns resources as needed.
* Prior work experience auditing Treasury functions such as Liquidity Management, Asset and Liability Management, Funding, and HR functions such as Incentive Compensation and Payroll is a plus.
* Ability to travel periodically locally and out of state as needed; approximately 20% travel required.
* Strong PC skills (Excel and Word).
Education & Certifications
* Undergraduate Degree Accounting, MIS or Finance preferred.
* 6-10+ Yrs. experience, preferably in Banking.
* Certification of CIA, CISA, or CPA is a plus.