(AZVA) Placement Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
(AZVA) Placement Counselor
Placement Counselor INSPIRE THE FUTURE! K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
The Placement Counselor reviews transcripts and works with parents to determine the initial courses a student will be placed into upon acceptance into Arizona Virtual Academy or InSight Academy of Arizona.
AS A COUNSELOR, YOU WILL...
* Determine course placement for high school students based upon the student s grade level and the number of credits the student has earned;
* Complete course placement based upon any documentation received when unable make phone or email contact with a parent or student;
* Conduct follow up calls in an attempt to discuss the course selected for the student;
* Maintain written and verbal communication with enrollees to provide the next steps in the process, answer questions that arise during placement, and ensure appropriate placement;
* Communicate regularly with high school counselors and administrative staff regarding student placements, transcripts, and any extenuating circumstances as defined by the school s policies.
Get to know AZVA!
* Arizona Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Excellent communication skills written and verbal
* Strong interpersonal skills for communicating effectively with parents, teachers, and administration
* Great organizational and time management skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, World, Excel; general computer/Web proficiency; Familiarity entering/retrieving information in a database
* Ability to pass required background check
* Bachelor s degree
* Experience with distance learning
* Customer service experience
* Familiarity with local/state/federal laws and reporting pertaining to high school graduation requirements.
* Experience in a charter school environment
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend