Abilene, TX - Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Operations Manager Location: Abilene, TX Reports To: General Manager Department: Operations Company: AMR Employment Type: Full Time Exempt
SUMMARY: Purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations and to meet the values, guiding principles, operating and strategic goals of AMR. A Manager of Operations must work to meet the business objectives of the organization by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction and positive community relations, retaining profitable market share and driving non-acquisition growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrate that internal customers are as valuable as external customers; project appreciation and respect for all team members.
* Analyze markets and develop plans which match the supply of out-of-hospital health care services appropriately to meet customer demands
* Ensure optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community. Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service.
* Negotiate contract provisions and modifications. Participate in the resolution of issues with members of community and political groups and other agencies.
* Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the division.
* Plan, control and monitor operating budgets for assigned areas of responsibilities.
* Participate in marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and decrease costs.
* Prepare and analyze financial and other data reports. Make modifications to operations to contain costs.
* Direct and integrate clinical management.
* Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations.
* Ensure compliance with AMR policies and procedures.
* Ensure continuous quality improvement through clinical management, communications center, and protocol interaction.
* Establish a program for disaster planning and take control of situations as needed during times of disaster.
* Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and private.
* Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees.
* Manage the recruitment, retention, development, and formal recognition of employees.
* Provide direction, clarity of expectations and coaching to supervision.
* Manage employee performance by setting and communicating standards, measuring results and providing feedback.
* Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness.
* Participate in the resolution of labor disputes and ensure effective relationships with union representatives.
* Ensure consistent and fair treatment of employees.
* Role model appropriate behavior with regard to AMR Vision and Guiding Principles.
* Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations.
* Modify jobs or roles of supervisor and field employees to increase job satisfaction and employee development.
* Actively develop, train and promote the use of work teams for process improvement.
* Ensure effective, timely and cost-efficient contract administration.
* Volunteer in community activities to increase the image of the division and AMR.
* Share information with others in the region, other AMR operating companies, and Corporate, to increase the use of best practices.
* Monitor and make appropriate modifications in processes to manage success measures.
* Implement changes to integrate operational initiatives associated with organizational strategy.
* Establish plans and implement specific actions to assist in the quick, effective integration of new companies into the AMR family.
* Ensure effective risk management (e.g., workers' compensation, safety) through proactive education and training programs.
* Manage inventory (including the fleet of vehicles) in a cost-effective manner.
* Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources.
* Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility.
* We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.