Academic Support Spec - Math/ English
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides academic support to students in the form of coaching, tutoring, or mentoring.
Works with students to develop their academic skills both in general and in the online classroom environment.
Provides assistance with study skills such as reading, note-taking, organization and time management.
Provides academic technology support to students.
* Bachelor s degree in Math and or English from a regionally accredited institution
* Three to five years related work experience
* Experience supporting distance learning students in higher education or other setting
* Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
* Ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of both current practices and emerging trends in distance learning and related technologies
* Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Orientation toward results
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.