Access Management Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The primary functions of the Access Management Supervisor are to assist the Access Management Manager with daily department operations and supervision of employees. Basic responsibilities include facilitation of daily work assignments; trouble-shooting problem patient issues; detailed training and education of staff on core Access Management responsibilities, patient registration, insurance coverage and managed care policies, system functionality; and participation in meetings with internal and external decision makers. The Supervisor should remain in full compliance with all departmental, institutional, and regulatory policies and procedures at all times.
* Responsible for managing daily staffing of the Access Management Department including covering business hours, locations, and work lists while adhering to the department's annual overtime budget
* Monitors daily work loads across the following core functional areas: pre-registration, floor registration, insurance verification, financial counseling, referral & authorization capture
* Serves at the initial point of contact for problem patient issues for staff to help remediate issues and/or escalate issues as appropriate for completion.
* Monitors individual staff quality and productivity and provides ongoing feedback. Identifies areas for staff productivity and quality improvement and to coordinates appropriate staff training
* Works collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and its partner facilities including but not limited to Patient Accounts, RCIS, DFCI clinical staff, Care Coordination, DFCI satellite staff, BWH International Office, Children's Hospital Access Management, and other Partners facilities.
* Manages staff requests for time off, and staff compliance with attendance and punctuality policies. Approves payroll records accordingly.
* Monitors staff compliance with all Access Management and DFCI policies including but not limited to attendance, punctuality, and diversity
* Attends regularly scheduled Payer meetings and Contract Management meetings to stay abreast of payer requirements and coverage and communicates changes updates to staff.
* Works collaboratively with Manager to develop and implement new policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree required. 1-3 years of prior supervisory experience required.
Knowledge of managed care policies and medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of hospital scheduling and billing systems required; IDX /GE systems experience preferred. Strong understanding of Microsoft Office product suite.
Ability to supervise, counsel, train, and develop staff. Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal. Self starter with strong team player and leadership abilities to motivate staff and increase productivity. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Outstanding project management and task prioritization abilities; ability to meet pre-determined deadlines. Advanced technical skills, as appropriate.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.