This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Netsmart Technologies is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers. Netsmart s clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations.
The position is responsible for appropriately receiving, coordinating and scheduling internal / external referrals and walk-ins. This position requires extensive telephone and face-to-face contact with clients and clinical providers. This position may require assessing crisis situations and routing emergency calls / situations to the proper personnel, quickly and efficiently. The Access Specialist provides high quality information and support that enhances the overall quality of the client s services, and creates positive interactions between self, staff, clients and other key stakeholders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine the initial insurance eligibility and financial status of clients for first time appointments.
* Initiate contact to gather required minimum demographic information as well as reason for obtaining services.
* Schedule assessments and forwards completed necessary paperwork to receiving departments.
* Obtains all necessary information to facilitate the assessment / admission process in a timely manner.
* Enter all necessary information into EHR for referral tracking.
* Complete soft opening of a client record in EHR.
* Ensures that assessments are scheduled within established time frames and that access standards are met.
* Ensures accurate and timely communications with all parties throughout the assessment and admission process.
* Coordinates with referring facilities to ensure follow up standards are met.
* Handles all calls and face to face contact with clients in a professional and enthusiastic manner and maintains professional boundaries with clients.
* Coordinates with appropriate administrative staff to assure that clinical, operational and financial questions are answered. Involve staff, as needed, in order to meet and exceed expectations.
* Must have knowledge of external resources.
* Performs office related support tasks, clerical duties and/or general office duties which may include creating reports, typing, filing, faxing, answering telephones, taking messages, and making copies.
* Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
* Accurate keyboard, data entry and typing.
* Legible handwriting, accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
* Basic computer literacy including Internet and Microsoft Office programs
* Ability to easily learn new systems and programs
* Ability to work as a team player, maintain a high standard of confidentiality and demonstrate attention to detail.
* To sit for long periods of time often while performing data entry.
* To view computer screens for long periods of time
* To monitor and prioritize several concurrent activities.
* To perform various duties via telephone conversations.
* To use analytical skills when making decisions.
* To adapt quickly to change.
* To stay calm and follow procedures in a crisis.
* Requires a flexible schedule including flexible hours if needed, but must be punctual once work hours have been assigned.
* Is subject to air-conditioning and fluorescent lighting on a daily basis.
* Requires ability to function effectively in a smoke-free workplace.
* May be dealing with potentially dangerous situations/consumers.
* May be exposed to contagious conditions and communicable diseases, including but not limited to AIDS/HIV, staph, hepatitis, rubella, tuberculosis, cytomegalovirus, and blood borne pathogens, lice and scabies.
* Works in a shared office area.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements (Preferred Requirements):
* Experience with medical or clinical billing software environment.
* Experience working with an electronic health record.
* Technical Skills
* Excellent math skills
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time associates.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site , facebook or twitter account.
Ignite your career today!