This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
NJ Advance Media
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
NJ Advance Media is a company positioned for the future. We embrace the rapidly evolving digital landscape and are committed to developing new solutions across current and emerging media to help advertisers grow their businesses. In addition to flexible advertising opportunities with powerful media vehicles that we represent, we offer custom digital solutions from web and mobile site development, to a sophisticated array of search and social media optimization and targeted display solutions to reach audiences on all platforms.
Our focus is on developing a real-time approach to reporting news, sports and entertainment content for consumption across all platforms and devices throughout New Jersey and Easton, PA. On nj.com and lehighvalleylive.com, we ensure the communities we serve have 24/7 access to the news and information that's most relevant locally, regionally and beyond. Our quality journalism and in-depth coverage is provided locally in The Star-Ledger, The Hunterdon County Democrat, The Suburban News, The Times of Trenton, South Jersey Times and The Express-Times.
We have multiple opportunities in content, sales and marketing. If you're a creative, motivated and entrepreneurial team player who thrives in a highly collaborative work environment, we want you to join our company. The ideal candidate embraces the rapidly evolving media landscape and thrives in a culture of innovation.
NJ Advance Media is a part of Advance Local, one of the largest media groups in the U.S. reaching more than 40 million consumers through its 12 affiliated local news and information websites that rank #1 among local media in their respective markets, and more than 30 newspapers. Our affiliated websites and newspapers are well known for their award-winning journalism. Advance Local is part of Advance Publications, along with Cond Nast and American City Business Journals.
The Account Associate will be responsible for providing sales and administrative support at a variety of levels. This includes all activities associated with facilitating the sales and fulfillment of digital and print advertising products, and it includes providing cross-functional administrative and customer service support across sales, content and other workgroups.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- College degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience in a customer service role
- Minimum two years of experience in an administrative support role
- Professional communication skills, including verbal and written
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, follow up
- Working knowledge of advertising products, including print display ads, digital impression ads, Flash animated ads, video and email
- Must be able to understand and explain financial information included in customer invoices
- Experience with salesforce.com highly desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to accurately handle multiple simultaneous activities on tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally at all times with external and internal customers
- Must be proficient with proper English punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technology, including salesforce.com DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform administrative tasks associated with content gathering, sales, creative and fulfillment.
- Work directly with customers to gather essential information, and to resolve routine questions and issues as they arise.
- Enter and track advertising and content information using a variety of different computer and software systems
- Review and monitor the accuracy of order entries and scheduling, being proactive in resolving problems and issues before they cause live production errors.
- Coordinate and facilitate the creation and gathering of digital and print advertising, including working with internal and external creative teams.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all customers and coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned. WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General office environment. Extensive computer use required. Light travel may be required.
NJ Advance Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
NJ Advance Media endeavors to make NJ.com accessible to any and all users.