Account Category Manager (Regional Accounts)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Berkeley Heights, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Account Category Manager (Category Management)
L Oreal USA Consumer Products Center of Excellence
Field: Category Management
Purpose of your New Role
Opportunity to join the L Oreal USA Category of Management Center of Excellence team supporting one of our top categories. You will support our annual strategic and key customer engagement agenda by providing analysis and key recommendations to benefit our categories and top retailers. This is an excellent position for a highly motivated, seasoned strategic team member seeking experience to service our globally recognized portfolio of brands.
Your Key Job Accountabilities
* This role has two main responsibilities. First, present strategic insights internally and to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization. Second, serve as advanced analytical support for our field teams - both field team leads and executive headquarter staff (Sales, Marketing, and Category Management).
* Identify, measure, and quantify marketplace trends and opportunities. Serve as Category expert to support our field and executive teams with Selling Stories and new business opportunities.
* Provide retailers with account specific opportunities and action plans that drive retailer/L Oreal USA priorities.
* Create customized retailer specific selling stories leveraging all available selling materials and enablers provided by HQ.
* Contribute to innovation sell-in by presenting consumer/category story and retailer sku optimization recommendations.
* Analyze and present post-promotion analyses for retailer, quantifying impact to brand and category
* Develop and own overall category strategy /vision at the account level for all brands + manufacturers / for one or two categories
* Translate category insight and account data into specific account strategies and driven strategies with all key shareholders
* Define opportunities and drive category growth at the account level
* Analyze SKU efficiency and develop space optimization plans across brands for the total category
* Analyze account promotions across brands for optimal category sales
* Create cross-brand sales presentations to maximize L Oreal USA opportunity for all our brands
* Lead shopper behavior analysis and share insights across brands and account teams (report back into the Central Category Mgmt team)
* Support the National Sales Managers and FSVP s with category information insights, strategic projects as required (JBP s, Line Reviews, Sales Meetings, etc)
* Engage with the account s category team to help in driving category growth at the account
* Own category performance and reporting (monthly scoreboards, sku rationalization, new item tracking, etc)
* Own the POG / Space strategy with the retailer, validating strategy and providing input
* Influence sales by driving key strategic initiatives, identifying risks and opportunities and bringing forth category recommendations/solutions
The Network you would Work With
* The Category Management organization is an integral department within the L Oreal USA organization, acting as the conduit between Field Sales, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Consumer/Shopper Insights, and National Sales
Potential next steps with L\'Oreal after this role
* Successful candidate should be in the position 2 years or more.
* Possible next steps could include: Category Leadership Role, Sales or Customer Marketing, Cross Divisional or Global opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge & Know-How required
* College degree is required, MBA preferred.
* Professional Experience: 6-10 years CPG experience in Insights/Category Management /Sales Strategy (Beauty Industry preferred).
* High proficiency in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
* Extensive knowledge of Syndicated POS, Household Panel (IRI / Nielsen) and Shopper Card (ex: 84.51, Extra Care) platforms.
* Strong analytical skills; ability to link strategies and objectives to tactics
* Strong Project Management skills. Planning/organization skills; ability to make decisions and solve problems; ability to seek out and optimize L Oreal information sources outside of the team when needed
* Excellent Communication and Listening skills.
* BA / BS Degree Required
* 5-7 years of experience in the consumer goods industry;
* 5-10 years Category Management experience
* Flexibility for overnight travel for periodic business needs.
* High level of analytical and problem solving ability supplemented by strong hands on knowledge of syndicated database applications (IRI Xlerate Plus, Nielsen Answers, ECRM,
* Strong presentation development proficiency and strong ability to share presentation at senior level (within L Oreal and at the retailer)
* Solid interpersonal skills
* Detailed knowledge of the retail industry with specific understanding of individual retailer profile and strategy.
* Strong Team Leadership Skills
* Strong Work Ethic
* Ability to work well with teams
* Passion for the business
* Conveys Energy and a positive attitude
* Detail oriented with solid analytical, written and verbal communication
* Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
* Strong ability to develop category stories
* Ability to work well with multi-functional team based in different locations
* Ideally, candidate should be detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task across all responsibilities. This person must be able to remain even tempered and give clear direction under pressure.
* Teamwork is essential in this role as you will work very closely with internal cross functional team members and retailers directly.
* Capability to present ideas and translate complex concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within our organization.
* Knowledge of space management software a plus
* Experience working with Centralized Category Management team
L'Oreal USA is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
With limited exception, candidates must be legally authorized to work without employer sponsorship, both currently and in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.