- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This position is accountable for providing an array of special services to new and existing accounts to maximize the potential for new sales, retention, and expansion of business relationships.
* Supports Sales in its efforts to sell new business as well as service, convert, and add additional lines of business to existing accounts and to convert accounts to managed care.
* Responds timely and pro-actively to account or broker telephone inquiries by contacting the appropriate operating areas throughout the enterprise.
* Works with the Service team on complex service issues, and answers product and benefits questions.
* Oversight of the ABM team with processing paperwork relating to the prospecting, enrollment, and/or termination of accounts.
* Maintains the accuracy of the account profile and group administration through data updates.
* Oversight of the End to End team on the timely implementation of new groups and conversions.
* Analyzes inter-departmental problems and makes recommendations for resolutions.
* Assists in the procurement of information from Consumers, brokers and groups to complete and verify sale documentation.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* Must be proficient and possess advanced skills in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes; Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
* Prefers knowledge of Group Health products lines including Managed Care.
* Prefers knowledge of Horizon BCBSNJ products and underwriting policies.
* Written and verbal communication skills.
* Organizational/multi-tasking skills.
* Relationship-building skills.
* Prefers a bachelor s degree.
* Requires a minimum of two (2) years Group, Life, or Health Insurance experience. Candidates possessing a degree but less than two years experience may be considered.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Requires a valid NJ driver s license.
* Requires a candidate with a New Jersey State Health/Life License or the ability to procure one within three (3) months of employment.
Travel (If Applicable):
* Travel predominantly within NJ but possibly to limited areas within the US.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Sales / Account Management
Wall, NJ, Newark, NJ, Mount Laurel, NJ