Account Development Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOIN OUR TEAM AND SHOW YOUR COLORS TO THE WORLD!
PPG ARCHITECTURAL COATINGS is a respected leader in the paint industry. A business unit of PPG Industries, the world's leading coatings and specialty Products Company, we manufacture and sell our products through home centers, independent dealers, and through a network of company-owned stores across North America.
With over 900 retail centers in North America, we continue to grow. Currently we are seeking an Account Development Manager to join our team. Within our stores channel, we sell a wide range of architectural coatings and sundry items to industry, builders, contractors, and home owners. Experienced and entry level candidates are welcome to apply! Join a leading team today!
The Account Development Manager - Geographic (ADM) is responsible for servicing and retaining customer accounts within a specified geographic territory as well as driving new sales through assigned stores. This will enable the ADM to focus on existing business to reduce churn and increase customer loyalty. Additionally, the ADM will be responsible for growing both existing business year-over-year and identifying and developing new accounts within their geographic territory.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
* Through customer service excellence, service existing customer accounts assigned to specified territory
* Maintain regular contact with customers to understand needs and to identify business opportunities
* Ensure follow-up and response to customer needs in a timely manner
* In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager and in response to customer needs, facilitate product recommendations, application and performance and color
* Develop account planning strategy to cultivate sales of customers with most growth potential
* Utilize SAGE sales tool to manage accounts, maintain call logs and contact info, run reports, etc.
* Partner with Store Managers and other store employees to ensure customers needs are met or exceeded
* Work with the PPG credit department to manage customer debt
* Develop good understanding of customer base and the segments they service
* In conjunction with Regional Sales Manager, facilitate timely and accurate customer quotations to achieve margin targets in alignment with PPG pricing strategies
* Manage personal expenses to reduce unnecessary expenditures
* 2-4 years of sales or stores operations experience with demonstrated customer service acumen
* A 2 or 4 yeardegree in a business related field or equivalent work experience
* Previous coatings experience
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications
* Bilingual candidates are encouraged
* Must possess a valid Driver's License and have maintained a motor vehicle record within acceptable limits as prescribed by PPG
* Availability to work and travel within assigned territory 80% of time. Periodic evening hours required for trade organization meetings and customer events.
* Ability to analyze territory performance reports and develop sales territory business plans.
* Ability to calculate discounts and profit associated with selling price; to calculate commissions associated with territory performance; to take measurements and calculate surface area associated with making product volume estimates.