Account Director - Consumer/Consumer Tech
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you a seasoned public relations professional with a passion for telling stories about consumer products? Do you have interest in working with a top American car brand looking to expand their lifestyle footprint? Do you have and experience landing media results for consumer brands? Are you motivated to deliver excellent results, love working closely with clients to develop campaigns and eager to help build a growing consumer team? If so, our Los Angeles office has an exciting opportunity for you.
DESCRIPTION AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an Account Director with at least seven years of consumer/consumer tech public relations experience to play a pivotal role with one of the agencys marquee clients. He/she will help a growing team develop and execute media strategies surrounding a number of events and products as well as supervisory responsibility for account team members. This includes: building strategic communications programs aligned with your clients goals, and working directly with industry, business and consumer media on a daily basis. You must be able to craft and tell compelling stories, build and maintain relationships with core media members, counsel and motivate junior members of the team to effectively work with the media, and allocate agency resources in accordance with your clients budget. Your client-focused attitude results in work being performed by the highest quality standards.
* Drive day-to-day client relationship management and serve as a primary client counselor
* Strong consumer and consumer tech media relations experience
* Work with senior executives to build thought leadership platforms
* Message development across several different audiences
* Help tell an automotive story to non-automotive media throughout the year
* Work with automotive press and possibly serve as a spokesperson on product specifics
* Demonstrate a well-developed knowledge of client relevant media
* Proactive about developing ideas for media outreach and pitch efforts
* Content development (press materials, FAQs, key messages, etc.)
* Planning guru to drive development of key program and campaign plans in partnership with senior account leadership
* Multi-market integration on campaigns and news announcements
* Manage reactive communications
* Project management including, but not limited to, campaign execution, budgeting and team bandwidth
* Manage/mentor/oversee the work of junior team members in Los Angeles, and coordinate with and manage multi-market team members (as needed)
* Bachelors degree and at least 7-10 years in the PR profession (preferably in an agency environment)
* Strong and flexible writing skills and excellent oral communications
* Automotive experience including understanding vehicle specifications
* Ability to manage, motivate and mentor a team
* Experience successfully managing clients on a day-to-day basis
* Superb attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time
* Proactive, passionate and eager to play a role on a growing team
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable State or Federal employment discrimination laws. Weber Shandwick values diversity in the workplace.