Account Director - Engineering Software 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Houston
Account Director - Engineering Software
* REVENUE & PROFIT GROWTH - Lead overall effort to grow Engineering Software revenue and profit to emerge as a key contributor for QuEST across verticals
* RELATIONSHIPS - Leverage existing customer relationships with engineering influencers and decision makers in both the executive and mid-level managers. Develop and expand relationships with Senior and mid-level customers.
* ACCOUNT ANALYSIS, PLANS & IMPLEMENTATION - Develop & implement in-depth analysis & plans to identify key focus areas for growth including account headcount, competitive analysis, customer needs per engineering service area, competitive landscape, SWOT, QuEST relationship summary, QuEST capability gaps.
* UNSOLICITED CAMPAIGNS - Identify and lead unsolicited, strategic campaigns to grow the Engineering Software revenue. Leverage QuEST/NeST relationships, influence customer decision makers, monitor and track milestone and action item progress, lead campaign proposal effort.
* SOLICITED PROPOSALS - Lead and manage all solicited proposal responses for all new business services or customers. Develop plans and proposals to realize the revenue target from the account, quarter on quarter.
* EXPAND TO NEW LOCATIONS / DIVISIONS - Develop & implement plans to enter new geographies or divisions as per the strategic account plan.
* CUSTOMER COMMUNICATIONS - Hold Quarterly customer reviews, lead/author Account Branding Newsletters and other communications per QuEST process.
* CROSS SELL & UPSELL - Leverage best practices from other accounts and QuEST's "Strategic Solutions Group" to develop & operationalize plans to introduce new services
* ANNUAL BUDGETS & FORECASTS - Lead efforts to create annual revenue and expense forecasts as well as monthly rolling revenue forecasts.
* LEAD MATRIXED "VIRTUAL BUSINESS UNIT" (VBU) - Lead sales/operations matrixed team. Coordinate efforts, hold weekly meetings, lead monthly report out to QuEST Sales & Operations executives.
* INVESTSALES DISCRETIONARY FUNDING - Identify, approve, and monitor internal investments for operations support to achieve engineering Software growth opportunities.
* BILLING RATE NEGOTIATIONS - Lead efforts to establish rates that leverage value pricing. Includes data gathering, analysis, proactive engagement of customer champions, pricing strategies, competitive positioning, competitor assessment, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* _required _
* _desired _
* RELATIONSHIPS - Strong relationships with executives and mid-level technical managers Across Industry
* LOCATION - based out of Houston
* Oil and Gas Industry Knowledge
* Customer ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE -
* Engineering processes including design, analysis, manufacturing, aftermarket, quality, fielded product support (both Software & Hardware)
* Customer challenges related to cost, delivery, schedule, or support
* Customer product life cycle
* Customer internal funding process including timing, influencers, approvals
* Customer outsourcing processes, funding, upcoming changes (consolidation), leadership
* Existing major outsourcing suppliers and SWOT, Xxx opinions of suppliers
* Experience developing strategic plans
* Experience with sales and account management
* Experience leading cross functional teams
* Excellent Oral & Written communication and Presentation skills
* Outstanding interpersonal / relationships skills
* Negotiations experience
* Experience working with Global remote team / offshore delivery model environment
* 10+ years of relevant experience in this industry
* BS or MS in Engineering
* MBA or similar is a plus
* Advanced training in Sales and/or Account Management related areas
PERSONALITY TRAITS DESIRED
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Solid self-confidence
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Global mindset
* Team player