Account Executive-Automotive and Manufacturing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Energy and Manufacturing sales organization has an immediate opening for an Account Executive who will focus on software analytics sales to the Automotive and Manufacturing Industries. The need for analytics in these rapidly growing segments is becoming greater every day. Companies in the Automotive and Manufacturing industries are discovering the power of analytics and the need to understand their data to not only remain competitive, but to survive in the market. As an Account Executive with SAS Institute you will represent the industry leader in Analytics and challenge your customers to improve the way they do business with the Power to Know.
Click on the links to take a look at what SAS has to offer the Automotive and Manufacturing Industries.
Your primary responsibilities for this role include:
* Selling software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; working with other sales personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
* Prospecting within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
* Implementing aspects of territory and account management and development; identifying accounts with high \\\\\"close\\\\\" potential, qualifies, and forecasting time frames to close business.
* Preparing standard quotations and proposal information as needed; working with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
* Following up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
* Customizing and selling solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Conducting significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
* Setting goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
* Applying knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
* Assuming responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, working with consulting staff to position service solutions and leveraging sales opportunities.
* Directing internal Institute resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. in order to reach objectives.
* Assuming a consultative role in dealing with technical issues; utilizing solutions-selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
* Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
* Effectively manages business expenses.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
* Five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions
* Located near a major airport
* Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require
* Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
* Advanced knowledge of industry software and hardware terminology and concepts; knowledge of SAS solutions and services preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
* Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.
* Experience selling into the Automotive industry
* Experience selling into the Manufacturing industry
* Experience with strategic and/or enterprise software cycles
* Work location of Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI, or Nashville, TN
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn