Account Executive - Commercial Lines 8/26/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160824-8155-EF
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Our Verisk Insurance Solutions Commercial Underwriting team is seeking a sales executive to join our growing sales team to serve as a lead in identifying, managing, and closing new business opportunities along with managing and nurturing existing relationships. If you are looking for a new challenge with a thriving and industry-leading company and have a proven track record of consistently meeting assigned new business opportunity goals, excel at building relationships and working with clients in developing their business, we want to talk to you!
We offer the right candidate great benefits and a base plus commission compensation plan with high earning potential!
* Hunts for new business in assigned territory, selling our commercial lines data, analytics, and loss control offerings.
* Assist in introducing new commercial underwriting tools to the market
* Develops individual plans to pursue business opportunity in assigned territory.
* Assists the business unit in dealing with customer issues.
* Develops and implements strategic sales- account management plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
* Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
* Attends conferences, trade shows, etc.
* 5 - 7 years of professional selling in a complex sales environment with emphasis on selling solutions and services to leading commercial lines insurance writers
* Has successfully managed a sales territory in a direct contributor role, including exceeding quota and account objectives.
* Must possess outstanding listening skills and be able to read and adapt to people with different organizational levels and functional responsibilities.
* Experience in building strong and ongoing relationships with the Chief Underwriting Officer, VP Commercial Lines Underwriting, Head of Loss Control, etc.
* Experience in successfully navigating internally with senior level management.
* Ideally will have existing contacts which can be called upon in this role.
* Able to work in a remote setting without daily supervision
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.