Account Executive - Commercial P&C Insurance (4820)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
SUMMARY Acts as an agent of broker assigned accounts, including servicing and/or solicitation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Solicits new accounts to conduct cross selling, direct selling and cold calling;
* Responsible for renewal business and soliciting additional lines of coverage;
* Services accounts and provides claims assistance as needed;
* Completes applications, obtains quotes, negotiates premiums and commissions, prepares proposals and presentations;
* Binds coverage, prepares binders and delegates certificates;
* Reviews coverage, identifies deficiencies and determines appropriate level of coverage;
* Meets with clients as needed or directed by producer;
* Reviews accounting history, responds to accounting inquiries, corrects discrepancies and contacts client on receivable collections;
* Serves as technical expert, assisting department members to resolve complex issues;
* Engages in optimal and appropriate usage of applicable agency management systems;
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEBachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
8 - 10 years related work experience
Valid insurance license
Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal
SKILLSExcellent oral and written communication skills
Good problem solving and time management skills
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Proficient in Agency Management System
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.