Account Executive - Event Accommodation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
We simplify the complex housing portion (AKA the hotel reservation part) of event planning, packing in a ton of service at a low cost for exhibitors and attendees while putting the minds of meeting organizers at ease and increasing their revenue for future events.
Account Services is the department of onPeak that takes the lead servicing our client accounts. They re a savvy, hands-on crew that leads account teams, determines our overall event housing strategy and manages hotel inventory within our Compass Reservation System . The team is collaborative and motivated, fostering growth through smart strategy, great communication and high quality customer service.
The onPeak Account Executive is focused on total account management. Concentrating on client interaction, service, room block growth and internal communication, the Account Executive is a proactive, energetic and customer-focused leader with a strong background in the hotel, meetings and events industry. The Account Executive leads by determining effective strategies and tactics to service our clients and their customers while driving hotel room pick-up.
* Serve as main client touch point to lead communication and overall deliverables; consult/advise clients in effective housing management and nurture the overall relationship
* Lead implementation of client events, both internally and externally; determine client needs, communicate onPeak s needs and requirements, and promote onPeak services/products to clients
* Build event and Actively manage and maximize hotel room blocks within onPeak s Compass Reservation System
* Conduct Quality Assurance process of reservations web site prior to go-live
* Analyze performance of event s hotel block pick-up and registration numbers against history and event budget; devise creative ways to increase overall hotel pick-up and revenue
* Develop project management timelines, ensuring dates and deliverables are met
* Collaborate with onPeak s internal departments to execute processes, identifying opportunities to innovate and improve our execution of event housing for clients
* Consult client on use of concessions and comps; process reservations of VIPs and client staff
* Create event revenue projections, budgets and periodic re-forecasting
* Travel on-site to events as needed to interact with client; manage on-site service plan and assist with operations (customer/exhibitor relations, promotion of bookings for future events, reporting,)
* Analyze performance of event s hotel block pick-up and registration numbers against history and event budget; devise creative ways to increase overall pick-up and revenue
* Collect and analyze final room block pick-up numbers both on-site and post-event to ensure accurate and timely billing for accounting
* Prepare and schedule post-event recap for client
* Participate in Exhibitor Advisory Meetings, Hotel Pre-con Meetings and Exhibit Sales Staff training, as needed
* College degree or equivalent experience and 3+ years experience in the events or hospitality industry
* Exceptional relationship management skills
* Proactive and self-motivated with a positive attitude
* Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task.
* Ability to easily grasp technical concepts to learn the Compass Reservation System and project management systems
* Strong technical aptitude in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Ability to make thorough decisions in a fast paced environment
* Ability to produce creative solutions and high quality work
* Proactive crisis management and resolution skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Team player with exceptional interpersonal and project management skills
* Excellent organization, prioritization and analytical skills
* Strong presentation abilities and experience
* Ability to travel +/- 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.