Account Executive- Florida State and Local Government
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
The State and Local Government practice has an immediate opening for a Government Affairs representative who will focus on sales to the Florida public sector. Your responsibilities will consist of executing on strategies and best practices that will create new business revenue by targeting the State of Florida agencies and local governments.
Key responsibilities include:
* Developing opportunities from existing customers and developing new customers
* Managing current projects and ensuring the solutions are delivering business value
* Understanding and communicating the value of SAS products and SAS business solutions
* Executing proven strategies and programs in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives;
* Identifying, qualifying and disqualifying prospective agencies within the State of Florida to build the appropriate funnel portfolio in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives;
* Identifying and calling on all levels of an organization from a ground-level technician to senior agency heads/elected officials/ \\"C\\" level executives;
* Demonstrating your ability to utilize your contacts to leverage access to a client, prospect or partner in order to gain access and to move opportunities forward; and performing other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a business or quantitative field of study with:
* 5 years of experience in a position with increasing responsibility within State and Local Government or 5 years of experience selling software solutions
* Ability to travel at least 25% of the time or as business needs require
* Southeast Work Location: Tallahassee, FL
* Associate's degree in the same fields with an additional 2 years of the stated essential qualifications or a high school diploma (GED) with an additional 4 years of the stated essential qualifications
* Proven track record of Florida government or sales performance,
* Knowledge of Florida government Experience influencing or selling into Florida State and/or Local Government;
* Knowledge of Florida State and Local Government legislative and executive cycles and buying influences;
* Ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS Solutions
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
* Experience working in Florida State Government
* Experience selling software to Florida State Government Agencies.
* Experience working with the strategic business partners, and the systems integrator community
* Experience consulting to Florida State Government
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
* SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
* Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
* SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn