Account Executive I
Time Warner Cable - Austin, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE I
Posting Job Description
As a technology leader in the telecommunications industry and one of the largest cable operators in the nation, Time Warner Cable Business Class has a uniquely strong marketplace position. We built our business on the single focus of being a best-in-class telecommunications service provider, and we are looking for best-in-class sales leaders to join us in our drive to success.
The Account Executive 1 position is a consultative field sales position within our Business Class commercial sales team. Individuals in this position are responsible for voice, data and video sales within a defined sales territory.
Essential Job Functions (Describe functions that are performed that are necessary for the company's operation at a frequency of at least 60%)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Conducts proactive consultative needs analysis with new prospective customers, including the development of client centric product solutions
* Understands the communication needs of small and mid-sized business customers and designs solutions to meet those unique business needs
* Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in data, phone and video sales
* Designs, develops and delivers sales proposals and presentations on product benefits
* Self-generates leads by contacting prospective clients by telephone, cold call premise visits, networking and industry events
* Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
* Maintains all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
* Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
* Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support and marketing personnel
* Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
* Three or more years of sales experience exceeding revenue quotas, preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the telecommunications industry
* Working knowledge of computers, computer networking, the Internet and fiber connected networks preferred
* Strong networking and negotiation skills required
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
* Requires ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
* The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment is required
* Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATIONAL INFORMATION (IF ANY): Telecommunications industry experience preferred.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.