This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Account Executive s (AE) primary duty is the management of EBSCO's customers. The AE is directly responsible for servicing all existing business relationships, securing the renewal of all existing subscriptions as well as selling upgrades and additional products. The Account Executive is also responsible for generating new sales of EBSCO's products and implementing and directing a growth plan for their territories in their assigned markets.
* Direct sale of EBSCO Information products to assigned accounts. Sales may be achieved by individual effort, or in conjunction with assigned Field Sales Representatives (FSR)
* Participate in the training of customers on EBSCOhost and EBSCOadmin through online demos
* Achieve sales quota(s) for given fiscal year as determined and announced by Sales Management
* Active in direct selling situations through telephone and email
* Actively participate in forming and implementing marketing strategies for own territory
* Create new, and modify existing, legal offers and contracts with customers
* Participate in the pricing and planning of official offers: an understanding of the pricing system and the ability to customize it on a per case basis is essential
* Actively work with Marketing Department to design marketing materials
* All functions that are designed and/or required to achieve sales quota(s) including the following: prepare quotes, forward literature, administrative data entry, set up trials
* Respond to ALL leads forwarded from the marketing department, within (5) business days
* Enter orders and act as a liaison for billing, accounts payable between OE, ESS and customer
* Actively deal with the updating of subscription information, correcting errors including those dealing with renewal rates, contact info and account designations and offer informative suggestions on systems and operations enhancements
* Forward appropriate questions, problems, issues to Technical support and notify sales management of any outstanding issues
* Responsible for the adjustment of subscriptions, either to extend or stop service of the product for various reasons: must create plan for each case and establish reasons for actions taken
* Travel: conference attendance and field visits to customer locations based on need
* Using advanced knowledge, experience and skills to provide training and guidance for FSR s and/or other Account Executives as requested by Sales Management
* Achieve an expert level of EBSCO's product knowledge and a working knowledge of the competition
Complete all assignments requested by Sales Management * Cover open sales territories as well as own under certain situations
30 Day Objectives:
* Complete all of the required ELDC courses.
* Complete New Hire Sales Training performed by the Sales Operation Group.
* Receive there renewal list for their territory and meet with their Sales Director to review.
90 Day Objectives:
* Begin to call on their renewal list, 40 renewal calls per week.
* Weekly meeting with their outside RSM.
* Weekly meeting with their Inside Director.
* 48 hour turn around time on trials and quotes requested by their outside RSM.
* Record all activity in NetCRM within 24hours.
180 Day Objectives:
* Achieve a minimum of 15 sales calls/day within your territory and 60 total minutes
* Contact all renewal sites at least 150 days prior to their expiration date.
* Generate POFs for all renewal sites 120 days prior to expiration date.
* Record all activity in NetCRM within 24hours.
* Maintain a strong pipeline by completing at least 20 cold calls/week, 10 new opportunities/week, and 5 new trials set up/week.
* Ability to make first time (cold) calls, manage customer accounts, understand content and functionality as well as the understanding of on-line services as they pertain to information delivery.
* Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
* Understands the basics of consultative selling and the importance of asking questions in any selling situation.
* Presents products, services or ideas in a manner that clearly shows how they would meet customer needs and provide benefits.
* Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to achieve sales goal.
* Ability to create rapport with customers.
* Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address difficult selling opportunities.
* Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Must have college degree or substantial relevant work experience in field.
* 2-5 years(preferred) experience selling in the field or by telephone. Retail experience does not apply.
Due to the Account Executive s ability to commit EBSCO to various financial agreements, affect policy changes and formulate and make operations decisions involving the company the AE must be able to think independently and make decisions based on the comparison and evaluation of relevant information: exercising discretion and independent judgment are essential.
Time management skills are a must. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, is critical.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.