Account Executive - Local Government 9/1/2016
Energy Systems Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Generate new business by developing leads Associations of School Board Officials and/or School Superintendents; Associations of Counties; Organizations of Cities and Towns; making cold calls and more* Develop thorough knowledge of renewable energy industry, structure, opportunities, trends, and issues
* Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of solutions to meet customer business goals and achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share
* Open communication lines with customer to understand needs and concerns and ensure that our solutions are in accordance with their goals
* Analyze all operational costs incurred by the customer that can be eliminated by implementing a Strategic Energy Master Plan
* Meet standards for activities and results, including number of first calls, number of letters of authorization or intent, amount of sales and, ultimately, gross margin dollar goals
* Prepare and present professional proposals addressing all of the customers' needs and concerns, including a financial proposal
* Maintains customer contact throughout installation period to resolve any additional needs and concerns that may arise
* Maintains proper documentation and produces requiredreports
* Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity
* Coordinate with state and federal government regulatory agencies when required
* Occasionally help analyze customer's infrastructure
* Performs all other duties assigned by management
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field and five or more (5+) years energy services related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Bachelor's degree and six (6) to eight (8) years related energy services experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Familiarity with engineering/building trades and/or mechanical aptitude preferred
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
* Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at Energy Systems Group, as well as with external organizations and customers
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
* Ability to compose and write proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
* Highly effective and successful sales negotiation and closing techniques
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships
* Exercise discretion and independent judgment, including good judgment about when to cut ties with a prospect that's not likely to buy
ESTIMATED TIME ALLOCATION: Travel approximately 30-50%, including overnight and weekend travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work at a desk and operate a computer, often sitting for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds.
The employee is required to practice, recognize, and interpret safety precautions and follow safety rules and OSHA requirements as they relate to the job. The employee is required to work in an indoor environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.