- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Account Executive, Media Sales - Maui
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Position Type: Full Time
Full-time. Located on Maui.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: To sell commercial advertising to Maui clients on a variety of national cable networks such as ESPN, HGTV, CNN, FX, Bravo, Food, AMC, TBS, and others offering local commercial avails in Hawaii; also providing clients with other multiplatform media opportunities including interactive TV, online, mobile, etc., to develop, grow and maintain local advertising clients and help them grow their business.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Media Sales General Sales Manager and the Director of Media Sales on Oahu.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Basic skills and expectations:
* Learns and then develops a solid knowledge of network inventory, availability of commercial avails and advertising services offered by Oceanic Time Warner Cable Media.
* Understands the Maui advertising competitive landscape radio, print, visitor
* Understands cable network schedules and demographics and becomes a true advertising/marketing consultant to our clients.
* Prepares, updates, maintains and presents current media kits consisting of: cable network information, demographics, special promotions, etc.
* Presents information to prospects in a clear, concise, helpful and friendly manner
* Good listener; attentive to client needs
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* An independently motivated and organized professional who makes every day a productive sales day.
* Schedules appointments to meet with prospects and clients and has great follow-through
* Prepares and submits in person and/or in writing, contractual agreements and obtains the appropriate written authorizations.
* Is comfortable working within various software systems for daily CRM and advertising schedule entries.
* Prospecting: Identifies and contacts businesses by phone, in person and/or in writing daily to determine needs and qualifications of potential advertising customers; sets up appointments with qualified prospects to build a strong client list.
* Presenting: Compiles and submits in person and/or in writing, advertising proposals which target the advertiser s specific needs using various platforms, pricing consistent with published rates, special packages for advertising and production and other information as needed.
* Servicing: Maintains existing clients via meetings and regular correspondence
* Submits sales orders, order changes, etc. through our traffic and billing software.
* Audits order confirmations for accuracy prior to scheduled start dates; submits corrections as necessary.
* Contacts clients in writing and/or in person on a frequent basis to satisfaction and current and future needs.
* Informs existing accounts of special promotions as they become available..
* Coordinates video production through in-house or contracted production facilities as needed
* Reporting: Tracks, compiles, and submits required CRM information on clients and prospects. daily.
* Updates database regularly re: conversations, proposals, budgets, client reviews, etc.
* Regular attendance required.
* Represents the Company at trade association meetings to promote business and acquire new business leads.
* Participates in and attends community activities as needed.
* Read industry and network literature to expand product knowledge.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor s Degree preferred; two years sales experience preferred; must have effective communication, interpersonal, organizational, research, and analytical skills and the ability to work independently with flexibility and creativity. A professional image is required. Stable employment history.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGES AND ABILITIES: Skills include: Excellent proficiency in all standard Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc. applications including word processing, graphics, spreadsheets; familiarity with Salesforce or similar activity and account management systems; must have valid driver s license and acceptable driving record.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Involves driving own vehicle majority of the time; involves interaction with clients via telephone, in-person and through written correspondence; typing and reading on a computer; also requires working in an office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Will be standing, sitting, bending, walking, driving.
Hours: To be determined.
If you are experiencing any issues with applying for this position. Please do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 4095
Controlling Establishment ID: 00039 - Kahului Ma'a St
Job Code: TWCAAE040 Account Executive Exempt