Account Executive, Multimedia Sales-Entry Level
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
West Babylon, NY
COX MEDIA GROUP LONG ISLAND, owner of WBAB-FM, WBLI-FM, and Cox LI Local Solutions, is looking for energetic, passionate candidates to sell advertising to local and national businesses.
CMG LI enjoys an outstanding reputation for being employee-focused.
The company takes a different approach to the advertising industry by placing the utmost value on its employees and providing them with the training, tools and autonomy to grow.
CMG LI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), pension, gas allowance, full training and more.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with Local Sales Managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
* Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
* Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
* Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
* Oversee campaign execution and analysis
* Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
* Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
* Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
* Minimum of three (3) years of media sales, account management or buying experience
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
* Some travel necessary
* Valid driver's license with good driving record required
* Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
* Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
* BA/BS degree
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 32 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmedia.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-NY-West Babylon-555 Sunrise Highway
Other Locations:US-NY-Syracuse, US-NY-Webster, US-NY-West Babylon, US-NY-Lewiston, US-NY-Liverpool
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time