Account Executive, Named Accounts - Higher Education
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
HIGHER EDUCATION ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, NAMED ACCOUNTS
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) revolutionizes how businesses use technology and has become the world's leader in enterprise cloud computing and CRM. Salesforce.org is driving the same revolution for Universities and Colleges.
Salesforce's cloud, social and mobile technologies unleash whole new possibilities for world-changers. The mission of Salesforce.org is to maximize our impact in the world by putting these transformative tools in the hands of higher education innovators.
Through our 1% model of corporate philanthropy, we have provided more than 26,000 Nonprofits and 1,500 Higher Education institutions with, affordable, best-in-class solutions. This in turn fuels our Social Enterprise model resulting in more than 1 Million hours of volunteer service and nearly $86M in monetary grants to the sector.
The Account Executive is the "quarterback" of the customer relationship, and we are looking for superstars to grow our team. We are seeking an experienced, quota carrying sales performer who is looking to focus their skills to drive the effective use of technology for social benefit. The Account Executive is responsible for energetically championing Salesforce's solutions to named Higher Education institutions. Additionally, this role is responsible for acquisition of new customers within the assigned territory. If you have a passion for technology and an interest in how it can facilitate positive social change, combined with large organization/enterprise technology sales experience, we want to talk with you.
Salesforce has been ranked #7 of Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work in 2014, and Forbes Magazine's Most Innovative Company 4 years in a row.
* Development of a strategic sales plan to effectively and efficiently cover the accounts within the assigned territory.
* Manage lead qualification and conversion from interested higher education prospects.
* Aggressively prospect and generate new relationships within the assigned higher education accounts.
* Consulting with and advising large, strategic Salesforce Customers resulting in increased adoption, success and Enterprise wide deployments.
* Some travel, as required, to prospects, customers or marketing events (
* 8+ years experience in software sales.
* 5+ years experience in higher education.
* Track record of success in CRM or related business application sales
* Detailed knowledge of and passion for SaaS applications (hands on experience with Salesforce and AppExchange offerings preferred).
* Strong technical background.
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Extensive experience with web based conferencing tools such as Go-To-Meeting, WebEx, etc.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
* A passion for Higher Education work.
* Bachelors Degree highly preferred.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF only.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.