This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
North Hollywood, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Account Executive is responsible for managing assigned accounts, including, but not limited to, OEM's, Distributors, Airlines and MRO providers, and uses various channels to generate demand for Meggitt products. Responsible for managing and achieving key sales goals for assigned sites, customers and overall CSS After-Market channel, and acts as primary CSS point of contact, while working closely with both Outside Sales and Meggitt sites, in order to grow new and existing business. Travel is required.
This role will be based in North Hollywood, CA and does not have relocation.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Identify and execute effective After-Market sales strategies based on market trends and customer needs to grow pipeline and achieve optimal sales. Evaluate and decide where discounts can be applied and where purchases can be made. Identify sales targets and opportunities, generate leads (both old and new), and develop and implement strategies for execution.
* Manage customer accounts and After-Market Sales/Commercial Spares at respective Meggitt sites. Support all internal and external customers with respect to overseeing the sales cycle, managing customer relationships, quoting, follow-up, tracking performance, developing business opportunities with new and existing customers, performing analysis, forecasting, and surplus sales. Review and negotiate Sales Agreements and Contracts. Capture and analyze data in CRM system, create sales reports where needed, tracks trends and progress. Participate in DLA's in order to maintain transparency at each site; collaborate with teams to hit budgets, fill gaps, drive sales and build relationships.
* Participate in the development of a full-scope Americas Inside Sales Team. Travel for the Company as required:
* Industry conferences/Trade-shows
* Sales meetings
* Customer, Partner & Meggitt site visits
* Coordinate closely with Customer Service and Trade Compliance, in order to ensure customer requirements and commitments are met.
* Assist management where and when required.
* Participate in creating, maintaining, changing and documenting processes & procedures.
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in Inside Sales, Customer Service, Aerospace/Aviation After-Market Sales, or a combination thereof.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment & multi-task with shifting priorities.
* Able to work independently, but part of a team spread-out across the Americas:
* "Eyes at Site"
* Excellent sales, communication, organizational, time-management, team-building, leadership, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Customer Service orientation & focus, assertive, ability to analyze, think critically and problem-solve quickly, with a high degree of attention to detail.
* Team-player personality, flexible and extremely open-minded.
* Able to communicate with a variety of personality types and all levels of an organization.
* Strong computer skills in: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Quantum, SAP, CRM, etc.
* Knowledge of contractual regulation, negotiation, logistics, Export & Trade Compliance.
* Natural leader with a strong sense of urgency, foresight and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Able to meet multiple, sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* Able to deal with irate/demanding customers and employees in an effective manner.
* Stress-tolerant in a very fast paced, results-oriented manufacturing environment.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Meggitt reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Meggitt shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.