This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
The Account Executive partners with the Datalink RVP, RED, and RSD s to increase the number of complex services projects and transformational product/services solutions sold in the assigned region. A quota carrying position, this AE is responsible for demand creation, pipeline management, accurate forecasting of, and achievement of the bookings plan for services and solutions business in assigned accounts. Understand the power of credentials, and is able to leverage appropriate success stories that are relevant to a particular prospect and/or sales situation. Stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and independently provide reliable booking forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
* Responsible for developing and managing business that generates significant revenues on an annual basis.
* Develop the trust to independently lead solutions sales campaigns within large accounts. Possess excellent written, verbal and formal presentation skills to engage client audiences ranging from technical implementers through CTO/CIO levels.
* Ensure architects and services pre-sales have adequate client access to properly scope solution.
* Consistently achieve above-average results by understanding the customer s business, motivations for purchase, and empathizing with client problems while setting a plan to meet their needs.
* Grow and close solutions business to be sought by Datalink Sales Management to lead/drive the integration and growth throughout their territory.
* Use knowledge of industry, technology, processes, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on value of our business expertise and associated implementation expertise.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of product and service offerings so that opportunities can be identified in prospect and customer base.
* Align with appropriate delivery teams to leverage follow-on business from one delivery mission/project to another. Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources.
* Build in-depth knowledge of clients' business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into Datalink solution opportunities.
* Cultivate client relationships throughout the sales and delivery process for mutual long term success.
* Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
* Excels in verbal communication and presentation style that excites the customer while demonstrating value of Datalink product and services; keeps presentation relevant and tailored to client need; actively listens.
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values.
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Proven experience driving strategic consulting services into new and existing accounts while consistently achieving or exceeding quarterly and annual goals by generating and maintaining a qualified pipeline. Independently prospect and conduct new meetings on a weekly basis.
* Able to generate consulting services and nurture and close the transaction.
* Demonstrated knowledge in identifying compelling events; influencers, decision makers, and buyer in a complex sales cycle.
* BS Degree in a business or technology discipline or 10 years related industry experience in lieu of degree.
* 10+ yeas of years of proven IT Infrastructure services sales experience required.
* Ability to present oneself to Customer CXO Leadership as a Thought Leader demonstrated by understanding and ability to speak to technologies.
* Excellent information gathering skills to communicate client business needs to delivery team for further evaluation. Ability to develop business solutions for clients and communicating them through design documents, written proposals and presentations.
* Possesses the ability to challenge the customer s status quo; with the confidence, business acumen, industry/technical knowledge and consultative skills to take a position and lead the directional discussions with the customer.
* Must have experience in consultative, solution selling approach, and proven experience managing a complex sales cycle and selling to multiple levels within mid-sized and large organizations.
* Must excel at relationship management and extensive follow-up with prospects and customers.
* Ability to qualify opportunities, obtain customer commitments, negotiate and close contracts.
* Travel requirement: up to 50% regional travel depending on geography.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.